In many instances Referee services can be received without the requirement of an onsite appointment. All consumers are now required to go through a Virtual Appointment before being approved to make an onsite appointment to see a Referee. During this Virtual Appointment a Referee will call you at your scheduled time and will request information along with supporting documents based on your specific case. Once we have received and reviewed your documents, you will be notified whether you will require an onsite appointment, or if your case can be completed virtually.
How to Prepare for your Virtual Appointment
- This call will come from a BLOCKED or RESTRICTED number. Please plan to answer all blocked/restricted calls during the designated window of your appointment.
- If your phone does not accept calls from a BLOCKED or RESTRICTED number, please work with your phone service provider to temporarily allow blocked or restricted calls. Or, call us and provide a different number that will allow blocked calls prior to your appointment.
- Be prepared with your vehicle license plate number/VIN, DMV registration form, repair & diagnostic invoices, vehicle inspection report, citation, and/or any other applicable documents to your specific needs in hand, at the anticipated time of the call.
- If you miss the call for your virtual Referee appointment, the system will see the appointment as “abandoned” and will lock your file for a period of 60 days as a penalty. This means you will not be able to schedule your appointment until after a minimum of 60 days from your No Show. If you cannot keep your appointment for any reason, you must call us, or respond by email to cancel, 24 to 48 hours prior to the appointment time.
- Make sure you have all the proper documentation ready for your virtual appointment. Before being considered for an onsite Referee appointment, a full review of your case and all required documents must first be completed by a Referee virtually.
- Once the Referee has received your documents, it will take approximately 3-5 business days for the Referee to review and process those documents.
How to Prepare for your Onsite Appointment
- We will ask that if you do not feel well on the date of your appointment, please CANCEL THE APPOINTMENT, and do not plan to come to the site. We will gladly reschedule you into a date when you feel better. If you cannot attend for any reason, it is mandatory to cancel to avoid a penalty.
- English cancellation line: 916.498.6799
- Spanish cancellation line: 916.498.6798
- Email cancellation to: Info@asktheref.org, including your license plate/VIN, name, telephone number- subject line: CANCEL APPOINTMENT
- Cancel/Reschedule by phone (8 am – 5 pm M-F) 1.800.622.7733
- If you fail to cancel your appointment before its scheduled time you will be subject to a 60 day backlog for your next scheduled appointment.
- Payment must be with Visa or Mastercard, cash or check are not accepted.
- If you do not show for a Referee Appointment, the system will register the appointment as “abandoned” and will lock your file for a period of 60 days. This means you will not be able to schedule your appointment until after a minimum of 60 days from your No Show. If you cannot keep your appointment for any reason, you must call us, or respond by email to cancel, 24 to 48 hours prior to the appointment time.