Before you bring your vehicle to a Referee Center, make sure it is ready for inspection.
The following conditions could prevent you from passing your test:
- Vehicle does not run
- Tires are deflated or bald
- The “check engine” light is turned on
- Vehicle is lowered
- Testing the vehicle presents a safety hazard
Be sure to bring all required paperwork to your appointment. You will be provided with a list when you schedule your appointment with the call center. Anyone can drive the vehicle to the appointment as long as he or she brings the required paperwork.
Forms may include:
- Vehicle registration
- DMV renewal notice
- Parts Exemption Letter
- Certificate of compliance
- Repair receipts
- All other paperwork that has to do with the construction of the vehicle