Terms and Conditions Use of On-Board Diagnostics Monitoring Device
In order to participate in the Bureau of Automotive Repair’s On-Board Diagnostics Monitoring Device (“OBDM Device”) program operated by the Foundation for California Community Colleges you (“Customer”) must agree to the following terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions carefully before agreeing to participate in the program.
- Customer is required to make payment of a $146 security deposit prior to receipt of the OBDM Device.
- Customer shall be responsible for proper use and care of the OBDM Device, such that it is returned to the Foundation for California Community Colleges in good working condition.
- Once the monitoring process is complete, Customer must return the device in the shipping box using the included return shipping label to the Foundation for California Community Colleges at 1102 Q St., STE 4800, Sacramento, CA 95811. Please note that return shipping labels expire 30 days after the date of issue and will be reissued by the Foundation for California Community Colleges upon request. Customer shall be responsible for requesting an additional shipping label should they not return the device within 30 days. To request a return, please email RefDocs@FoundationCCC.org.
- Customer agrees that the OBDM Device will monitor and record diagnostic information about the Customer’s vehicle. Customer understands that this information will be available to authorized individuals at the Bureau of Automotive Repair and/or the Foundation for California Community Colleges for review.
- The OBDM Device will not monitor, track, or record Customer’s vehicle location.
- Customer acknowledges that if they fail to return the OBDM Device, the replacement cost of the device will be withheld from their deposit.
- Customer acknowledges that if they return the ODDM Device in a damaged condition, they may not receive a full refund of the security deposit described above.
- Upon receipt of the OBDM Device in good working condition, the Foundation for California Colleges shall refund Customer’s security deposit.