The Smog Check Referee Program is recruiting for open Referee positions throughout California. We currently have 3 open positions in the greater Los Angeles area, and 1 open position in the San Bruno area.
Referees work with the public, perform inspections and testing of vehicles for smog certification, and help train community college students for careers in the smog check field.
Join a team of committed professionals working across 31 community college campuses to reduce air pollution for all Californians. This is an opportunity for individuals with problem-solving skills and initiative, to help California motorists through the smog check process.
- BAR EO and EI Licenses
- ASE A6, A8, and L1 certifications
- At least three years of experience performing vehicle inspections, diagnostics, and repairs
- Ability to drive between multiple smog inspection sites if needed
Competitive Compensation and Excellent Benefits Package
- Paid Time Off, 11 Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- CalPERS (defined benefit retirement plan)
- Tuition Reimbursement and Paid Training
- HSA, FSA, 403b, and 457 plans
- & More!
About the Smog Check Referee program
Referee centers are state contracted emissions test facilities that provide a wide array of resources for California motorists, including specialized services industry smog stations are not authorized to perform. The Foundation for California Community Colleges (FCCC) has been contracted by the Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) to manage the Smog Check Referee program since 2004.
Learn more >